Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Saw It. Pinned It. Did It. - Valentine's Display

It is Thursday! Woohoo! Which means it is almost Friday and time for another Saw It. Pinned It. Did It. I absolutely LOVE this linkup. I actually get to complete some of my pins and not just look at how pretty they look. :)


For some reason I keep picking inspiration from Pinterest without instructions so I have to wing it. This week is no exception! My hands went a little numb from cutting all the circles so if I missed anything or you need clarification feel free to email me at tillthensmileoften@gmail.com. Hope you like this project because I LOVED it!!


My inspiration:


 





 


 


What you will need:


Picture frame - I used an 8x10 frame


Printable - free (download directly here)


Picture frame stand (Cookbook stand same diff)


Hurricane/Apothecary type jar


Felt in Pink and Red (I used 3 sheets of each color - 8x10 in size)


Scissors


Glue Gun


Glue Sticks


Sewing Pins - flat head


2 Small Styrofoam balls


Pinterest


The first step is to print out the free Valentine text and place in the picture frame. Place in the plate stand. That is the easy part.


Next begin cutting out your felt circles. I used a circle candle holder as a template and then used the cut circle as a guide cutting out the rest. I ended up using about 60 circles. The circles were about 2-3" in diameter. *On a side note my fingers started to go numb so I cut one color and then rested for a few hours before cutting the other color out.


Pinterest-1


 


Take one felt circle and fold in half. Place a dab of glue in the center and press flat in half.


Pinterest-2


 


Fold that in half again, glue in the center and press flat.


Pinterest-3


 


It should now look like a triangle. Pin the corner point to the styrofoam ball using the flat head sewing pin.


 Pinterest-4


Repeat and place next to the first working in a circle.


Pinterest-5 Pinterest-6


Keep working until the ball is completely covered, then place another folded circle and hot glue onto each circle covering the pins.  Fill in any gaps as needed.


Pinterest-7


Repeat with the other color and ball. Place in the hurricane glass, display and you are done!!


Pinterest-8


 


Don’t forget to check out the two co-hosts of this linking party, Steph and Katie. Join the linkup with your Pinterest projects and take a look at all the other projects completed!


 

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM , Anonymous Jill said...

 
At February 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM , Anonymous Kerry said...

 
At February 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM , Anonymous Jill said...

 
At February 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM , Anonymous Kerry said...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home